Which Hanz De Fuko is the Best?
“Which Hanz De fuko is the best?” This question is one of the most popular questions we receive at Muazo.
Muazo.co.uk were the first UK stockists of Hanz De Fuko way back in 2011 – 2012 , we’re in a unique position to have seen Hanz De Fuko grow and evolve from a niche mens grooming range from California to the highly successful game-changing and internationally recognised brand it is today.
The Muazo.co.uk team know each Hanz De Fuko product intimately so we wanted to share what we’ve learnt with you while hopefully answering your No.1 question, “Which Hanz De Fuko is the Best?”
First let’s highlight what makes Hanz De Fuko such a great men’s hairstyling range:
- USDA certified organic ingredients.
- Free from any chemicals and parabens.
- Not tested on animals.
- Water based so it washes out easily.
Second let’s rephrase the question to Which Hanz De Fuko Product is best for [insert hair type here]?
Q : Which Hanz De Fuko product is best for thick , coarse or unmanageable hair?
A : The assumption here is you’re trying to create a David Beckham hairstyle that is slick, tight and tidy; if not, see Curly and Wavy Hair. The best time to style this type of hair is when it’s clean and towel dried. Blow dry, comb or brush to create the desired style. Our picks would be:
- Claymation: Perfect for creating texture while providing flexible hold with a little shine. Start with a little and gradually build as needed.
- Quicksand: A mix between a dry shampoo and a styling cream, Quicksand will absorb any excess grease while providing a strong hold with a matte finish.
- Gravity Paste: A little misunderstood but brilliant once you know how to use it. The key to gravity paste is to work it in the hands until it becomes super tacky, apply to dry hair and style. Strong hold with a matte finish and epic volume.
Q : Which Hanz De Fuko product is best for Fine or Straight hair ?
A : Fine hair can be easy to style but is difficult to maintain an all day style and at times can look limp and sad. The aim is to make fine hair appear fuller while maintaining a flexible, textured hold. After blow drying and combing into your preferred style. Our picks would be:
- Quicksand: Like a dry-shampoo, Quicksand is great at adding volume and making the hair look fuller and thicker. Matte finish and strong yet flexible hold.
- Gravity paste: Matte finish, epic hold, creates height and volume.
- Scheme Cream: This can be a bit hit and miss, as the weight of Scheme Cream can make fine hair droop during the day, give it a blast with some hairspray, let it set and you should be good to go.
Q : Which Hanz De Fuko product is best for Curly hair and Wavy hair?
A : The key to styling curly or wavy hair is to work with it, think David Gandy rather than David Beckham, use a product that controls frizziness and rogue curls making them manageable and pliable throughout the day.
- Scheme Cream: Light to medium hold with a light shine.
- Modify Pomade: Medium to high hold with a matte finish.
- Hybridized Wax: Light hold with high shine.
Fans of Hanz De Fuko will notice we’ve missed 1 product off the list, Sponge Wax. Sponge Wax is a highly versatile styling product and in our opinion, every man should have Sponge Wax in their styling arsenal. It can be used on its own to tame curls and waves and as a base to cocktail and mix with other Hanz De Fuko products. Add it to Claymation to make it a little more pliable or to Quicksand to add a little shine. Sponge Wax is one of the hidden gems in the Hanz De Fuko range.
Things to note:
- Avoid using a plastic comb or plastic hair brush, doing so will help reduce static and frizz.
- Avoid over drying and high heat when using a blow dryer, cool to medium is best.
- Make sure your give your hair a rest from styling. Your scalp and hairline will thank you for it.
- Try, Test, Repeat. Hair changes, make sure you adjust your styling products throughout the year.